Thursday, June 18, 2009

Looks Like The End Of Days...

I hate summer. I really do. It brings nothing but misery for me. Hayfever, 4 hour long nights and the warmth that I really do hate. So with that...

The Like - June Gloom


Yeah, it's a song about hot shit summer is by a triumvirate of girls from Southern California. Doesn't really add up in my eyes, but ok, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, seeing as we have a common hatred of Summer. The thumping bassline pounding all the way through makes me want to jig about through this midtempo ditty and lose my inhibitions. Alongside that we have the gloriously melancholy vocals by a lady who goes by the name of "Z". Hmm. Okay... The overuse of "Here comes the end of days..." lyric makes me want to slash my wrists like I was a character in Girl, Interrupted but what the hell. This is a song that takes stereotypical summer tunes and punches it in the ladygarden and then points, laughs, then repeats the actions ad infinitum.

AMAZING

Listen to it below.



No comments: